How to spend a few hours between flights in the city that never sleeps.
Are you having a couple of hours of layover in NYC? Well, consider yourself lucky as not many passengers get the chance to do that. This is indeed good news for those who have never been to New York City and would like to make the most of it by getting out and exploring NYC. But what about your luggage? Well, do not worry as LuggageHero NYC can take care of all your luggage storage needs as you spend your time exploring the city.
New York is one of the major cities in America and the most popular tourist destination across the world. It is a must to explore this incredible city whenever you get a chance and even if you are here for a couple of hours. Check with your airline is your baggage goes to the final destination or take advantage of Luggage Storage Guide Penn Station and get ready for some unforgettable hours in New York.
Do not waste your time, and here are a few ideas to start with:
- Head straight for downtown and start your day like any other New Yorker with a cup of coffee and a bagel. Watch the city traffic for some time, the yellow taxis and the hustle and bustle.
- Take the free Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island and enjoy New York’s harbor. Well, if you have time and your luggage is taken care of by Luggage Guide New York services, you can buy tickets to climb the Statue of Liberty!
- Get some fresh air in the famous Central Park of NYC, and it is just the perfect way to relax and kick jet lag. Walk across the park that is likely to be filled by hundreds of tourists as well as locals. The sprawling urban park is spread over more than 800 acres and is filled with greenery.
- Enjoy looking at world-class collections in world-famous museums like MoMA, Guggenheim, Met, and more. You are in for a memorable experience, but make sure you have enough time to cover those attractions.
- Stop by the world’s top financial markets, the New York Stock Exchange and get a selfie in front of the bull sculpture that stands in Bowling Green and is made of bronze.
- Take a walk across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge that connects Manhattan and Brooklyn, Grab some lunch at the stunning River View Cafe before going back to Manhattan on a ferry.
- Get away from the bustling city streets and look for a serene spot which you will find in the Pond, a park. You can recognize the famous Gapstow Bridge of the park, and from here you can take a look at the iconic sight of the city skyscrapers.
- Explore the Strawberry Fields, created in memory of John Lennon. The Imagine Mosaic, decorated with flowers by his fans, is the centerpiece of the Strawberry Fields.
- Rent ice skates and enjoy skating in the Wollman Rink, which is open each winter. From here, you can look at some of the most iconic buildings in NYC.
If you just have a few hours in NYC, it would not be possible to cover all the attractions the city has to offer. As a suggestion, just go for those activities are easy to access and allows you to see the maximum of the city in a short time. Your focus should be on getting some experiences that help you understand at least a little of New York. You indeed need to make several trips to know the city completely.