How to select a good travel pillow.
Long flights, bus, and car trips is not an easy test for your spine, in which it is quite difficult to get enough sleep. A properly selected travel pillow is capable to provide relaxation in such conditions. For those who constantly have to travel, the pillow is a must-have, since it performs several functions at once:
- Relieves tension from the cervical muscles;
- Becomes excellent prevention of pain;
- Reduces fatigue on the road or while waiting for a flight;
- Prevents the development of osteochondrosis;
- Maintains normal blood circulation, especially blood flow to the brain, so when using it there is no unpleasant headache or dizziness due to lack of oxygen.
Types of Travel Pillows
There is a wide variety of travel pillows so it is easy to get confused. For instance, they vary on the form:
- Bagel — this pillow is worn on the back and prevents tipping or tilting the head to the side during sleep or rest. Most often, this option is chosen by van or taxi drivers who have to wait on the road;
- Goose down pillow — this item is equally convenient for domestic usage and for traveling. It is ordinarily made of different sizes and forms, so you can easily find the best option for you.
- Collar is one of the most popular options. It is fixed on the neck, reliably supporting its muscles, while its size is sufficient so that you can easily configure the shape and sleep if desired;
- Headrest — this version of the seat cushion does not provide for fixation on the body, but is mounted on a chair or simply placed on a horizontal surface.
Travel pillows differ not only in shape. You can also choose several options depending on the filling: airbags, stuffed with various materials and with a memory effect. The first ones are the most compact — after air release, they take up very little space, so they are easy to carry. But at the same time, they are also the most fragile, since storing sharp objects nearby can damage them.
How to Choose a Travel Pillow for Your Neck
If you don’t want to get lost in a huge number of forms and options of travel pillows, you need to consider several nuances, mentioned in jons guide.
- First of all, it is necessary to determine the most comfortable posture for sleeping in a sitting position. If you like to sleep on your side — the “U”-shaped version is the best.
- No less important is the material. More practical synthetic fabrics — they are easily washed and dry quickly, but touching the body is more pleasant if the cover is natural.
- The filler is also important. Air is considered not the best option because over time it keeps the shape worse. It is worth giving preference to more rigid filling — polystyrene foam balls or memory foam.
Now you are ready to choose the long flight pillow, so make sure to get the best of it. Good luck!