This is a collection of links to the travel websites and blogs that Vagabondjourney.com recommends. Best Travel Blogs/ Travelogues/ Travel Journals Andy the Hobo Traveler– Among the best budget resources on the internet. The Travels of Loren Everly- The wanderings of another perpetual traveler who I hitchhiked across China from Mongolia with in the summer [...]
This is a collection of links to the travel websites and blogs that Vagabondjourney.com recommends.
Best Travel Blogs/ Travelogues/ Travel Journals
- Andy the Hobo Traveler– Among the best budget resources on the internet.
- The Travels of Loren Everly- The wanderings of another perpetual traveler who I hitchhiked across China from Mongolia with in the summer of 2007.
- The Longest Way Home– Mysterious traveler searches the world for home.
- The Candy Trail– Musings from one of the greatest living travelers on the planet. Good site, excellent presentation, stimulating, one of the best honest travel publications on the internet.
- Travel Vice- This is the website and blog of the perpetual nomad and friend of Vagabond Journey, Craig Heimburger.
- Johnny Vagabond– Good stories, one of the best new blogs out there.
- Uncornered Market– One of the better independent travel websites. Great design, great photos, great journeys.
- On the Road to Find Out– Blog by Russ from England. Simple, straight forward design, focuses on soccer and traveling cheap.
- Rambling Robert– Chronicles of a long term wanderer perpetually rounding the globe. Good reading for the literate.
Travel community websites
- Ubertramp- Great travel community website, the only one that I use.
- Travel Blog Exchange- This is one of the most active travel community sites at the moment.
- Off Track Planet- Great travel magazine around the extreme edges of travel.
- TwogoRTW – About world travel in the broader sense by a couple who are planning a RTW adventure.
Travel with family
- Ian and Wedy.com- Website by a well traveled couple. They also just had a baby and plan to continue traveling.
Budget travel tips sites
- Budget traveller guide to sleeping in airports- Like the title says, this is a huge guide on how to sleep in airports.
- Digihitch- The preeminent online hitchhiking resource.
Air travel sites
Other Transportation Sites
- Man in Seat 61 train information site– Great information for trains and ship transport.
- Currency Converter-Convert currency effectively.
- World Time Server– Easy way to find out what time it is around the world.
- Date calculator– Good for checking when visas expire
- Track flight status– Check the status of flights all around the world.
- Weather Underground– Find out what the weather is like around the world.
- Fahrenheit/ Celsius converter– Easily convert temperature readings.
- Lonely Planet Thorntree- Probably the most active travel forum on the internet.
Cultural/ Geography research tools
- HTML color checker
- Paypal fee calculator