Where to go and what to do when traveling in Kimberley.
In Australia, the Kimberley area has a rich culture and history, offering adventure activities and modern cuisines. Taking advantage of a Kimberley tour is your gateway to a more enjoyable, unforgettable, longer, and more diverse travel adventure.
You can check out kimberleystours.com.au and other online sources to know how you can have a diverse and unforgettable travel experience in Kimberley. In this article, you’d learn more about how you can make the most out of your Kimberley visit.
Mitchell Falls Helicopter Tour
If you haven’t tried a helicopter tour before, it may be time to try this once-in-a-lifetime experience now. How about starting your Kimberley tour with a helicopter flight? Make your travel in Australia more unforgettable and exciting with a helicopter tour adventure.
Get to see Mitchell Falls or Punamii-Uunpuu, situated in Wunambal Gaambera Country, a national heritage place. A helicopter flight to witness the majestic Mitchell Falls can give you a bird’s eye view of its wilderness. It can provide you an exhilarating experience as you get to see waterfalls, gorges, the surrounding islands, and remote beaches. The helicopter will drop you off at the top of the falls and then pick you up back to the ground.
Bell Gorge Encounter
A Bell Gorge encounter includes various destinations. Allow yourself to get mesmerised by the stunning cliffs surrounding tiered waterholes. You can hike to the gorge’s lower pool and dip enjoyably in the waterfall underneath. You can also relax and take selfies in the shade and bird watch.
Explore Windjana Gorge. Ancient marine fossils are embedded in the walls, adding interest to the place. You can wade through Tunnel Creek’s cool waters and come up on the other side, discovering a serene oasis. Other destinations included in a Bell Gorge encounter are Broome, Kununurra, Gibb River Road, Derb, Miliwundi Ranges, and Wunaamin.
4WD Kimberley Tour
Another way to go about your Kimberley adventure is to opt for an accommodated four-wheel drive (4WD). This tour would allow you to enjoy your Kimberley experience with the comfort of luxury accommodation and master-chef-prepared meals.
Here are some tips when choosing your Kimberley 4WD tour:
- Choose between private and group 4WD tours: A guided 4WD tour would involve joining a micro-group, which consists of six travellers or fewer. You can also take a private tour or charter to tailor your itinerary to your interests and desires.
- Decide your accommodation: You can choose to stay in luxury wilderness camps, cabins, safari tents, motels, stations, or hotels. If you want a camping-style trip, you also have different options, such as staying in permanent campsites or pitching your tent and enjoying the magnificent Kimberley night skies.
- Check the number of tour days: The traditional Kimberley 4WD itinerary varies, usually from 10 to 15 days. It includes taking Gibb River Road, Purnululu National Park, and Mitchell Falls.
Safari tour is a soft adventure consisting of 15 tour guests in a 23-seater 6WD coach. The ride provides a spacious and comfortable area to enjoy and relax. Safari tours are best for groups of friends, families, and social clubs with common interests in painting, photography, and bird watching.
Each itinerary in a safari tour is designed to suit group interests. Safari tours can combine Pilbara and Kimberley tours with Kakadu, the West Coast of WA, and the Red Centre tours. Other highlights of a safari tour include spending several nights in Millstream Chichester National Park, Karijini National Park, Port Hedland, and Tom Price. You can swim in incredible waterfalls and explore stunning gorges and get to experience artistic rock formations and beautiful landscapes.
Tips On Making Your Kimberley Tour More Unforgettable
Surely, you’d want to have a diverse travel experience and maximize your trip. So here are some helpful tips when planning to travel to Kimberley:
- Research and compare the different tours offered by various travel agencies. In this way, you can set the right budget and avoid financial problems once you’re in Kimberley.
- Book your desired tour early because slots are easily sold out.
- Prepare all your travel essentials by creating a checklist to ensure you have everything you need.
- Prepare yourself physically and mentally for a long journey and itinerary. Get enough sleep and rest, eat nutritious food, and do plenty of exercise.
Are you ready for an amazing travel adventure in Kimberley? Visiting Kimberley would enable you to experience a holiday vacation the way you like it. Kimberley tour services provide unforgettable and unique journeys to places like the West Kimberley and Top End. Get to discover the most diverse and remote region with freshwater swimming holes, magnificent canyons, and incredible road trips.